Note: In order to perform Color Calibration you need to print out the ColorCalibration sheet. You can download the file from the installation CD or from the link:http://www.planon.com/drivers.php. Please print the color calibration sheet on photopaper in landscape mode.
Before starting the calibration procedure please make sure that you have downloadedour latest DocuPen PenTwain drivers. You can download the drivers from the installationCD or from the following link: http://www.planon.com/drivers.php
Note: Your DocuPen must be CONNECTED to your PC before starting theCalibration procedure
The DocuPen is factory calibrated and there should be no need to re-calibrate. Weadvise you to recalibrate only if you experience poor scan quality, e.g. scanned imageappear in white or black.
1. Connect the DocuPen to your computer using the USB cable.
2. Start the Paperport software.
3. Press and hold the left Shift and Ctrlkeys on your keyboard and then clickthe Scan button within the Paperportwindow.
The DocuPen Scanner Control windowwill appear with the Calibration function enabled.
4. In the DocuPen Scanner Control Window, click on Options and select theCalibration function. If you don't see the Calibration function please repeat step 3.
3. In the Calibration Setup window thatappears please Calibrate Color and click OK.
4. You will be prompted to turn the DocuPen ON. Press the Power On button on yourDocuPen and Click OK in the Dialog window.
5. In the Calibration Setup dialog window- Select Calibrate Color and confirmby clicking the OK button
6. You will be prompted to turn the DocuPenON. Press the Power On button on your DocuPen and Click OK in the PenTwain Dialog window
7. After the memory has been formatted the Calibration scanning dialog window willappear. Please disconnect the DocuPen from the USB cable and position it on top ofthe Color Calibration sheet. Please scan the sheet in photo mode and high resolution.
8. The DocuPen will now save the Calibrationimage into memory. After the image is saved,please re-attach the DocuPen to the USBcable. Now press the Power ON button onthe DocuPen and click the OK button withinthe Calibration scanning dialog window
9. The Calibration result dialogwindow will appear. You shouldsee the calibration values to theleft and a Green OK sign to the right
10. Finally, click Upload Values to pen button in the Calibration result dialog window tosend the calibration result to the DocuPen. You will be prompted to turn theDocuPen ON. Press the Power ON button on the DocuPen and click OK in the dialogwindow - this will store the new values.
You have successfully recalibrated your DocuPen!