Video Testimonials & Reviews
Upload your video
The Quicktionary®TS Premium is a portable, multi-function, hand-held scanning translator with an easy to use touch-screen and icon-based menu. The Quicktionary®TS Premium can scan a word or a full line of text and provide immediate word-by-word translation, including idioms and phrases as well as audio pronunciation of a full line of text.
The Quicktionary®TS Premium also has the ability to scan, store and transfer up to 20,000 lines of editable text.
Ideal for language students, students who need to read and/or copy texts, travelers, researchers, business people and others.
Stay focused on your reading while the Quicktionary®TS Premium helps you interpret your text quickly and easily.Save the time you would have spent searching through paper dictionaries or typing into electronic dictionaries.Save the trouble and inconvenience of flatbed scanning or photocopying texts.Scan up to 20,000 lines of editable text, store it on your pen and transfer it directly into any Windows based application on your PC at your convenience.Expand your vocabulary in any one of over 45 supported dictionaries (see list of available dictionaries below).Take the Quicktionary®TS Premium wherever you go. This small, portable, handheld device is designed to fit in your pocket.
The following dictionaries are already pre-loaded onto this pen:
- American Heritage Dictionary
- English to Spanish
- Spanish to English
- English to French
- French to English
- German to English
- English to Portuguese
It is possible to purchase the following extra dictionaries. These will be posted to you on a seperate chip which you can easily plug into the pens memory slot, replacing the chip that is pre-installed. These are the dictionaries you can add:
- Chinese Simplified to English
- Chinese Traditional to English
- English to Chinese Simplified
- English to Chinese Traditional
- English to Arabic
- English to Czech
- English to Danish
- English to Dutch
- English to Finnish
- English to German
- English to Greek
- English to Hebrew
- English to Hungarian
- English to Italian
- English to Mongolian
- English to Norwegian
- English to Polish
- English to Russian
- English to Slovene
- English to Swedish
- English to Turkish
- French to German
- German to French
- German to Spanish
- Hebrew to English
- Professional Set (This includes the American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary, Roget's II: The New Thesaurus,The American Heritage® Student Science Dictionary,The Houghton Mifflin Dictionary of Geography,The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms, Computer and Internet Dictionary, The American Heritage® Abbreviations Dictionary, Wall Street Words - Finance and Economics)
- Italian to English
- Spanish to German
For these extra chips please contact Wizcom Technologies.
Built-in text-to-speech technology enables users to hear a full line of text or a single word spoken aloud.The Scan, Store and Transfer function provides complete electronic note taking capabilities - allowing the capture of printed data - anywhere, anytime. Stores up to 1000 pages of information for later transfer via USB to PC.
The Scan to PC function allows scanned text to be transferred directly into any Windows based application.
Golden Rules of Scanning Video
Features and Specifications:
- Comprehensive translation that extends beyond the simple, most frequently used meaning of the word.
- Direct look-up of idioms/phrases.
- Identification of inflected words and display of their corresponding entries.
- Recognition of over 300,000 words and expressions per dictionary.
- History option enabling retrieval of the last 80 reviewed words.
- Audio word pronunciation with Text-to-Speech (TTS) technology using built-in speaker or earphones.
- Recognition of a wide range of printed font types and sizes (6-22 points, up to 8mm), including inverted text on contrasting backgrounds (except red on white, white on red, blue on black and black on blue).
- Recognition and automatic merging of hyphenated text.
- Two display modes: Toggle between abridged and complete definition/translation display.
- Displays up to 5 lines of text on a high resolution touch-screen.
- Virtual keyboard for manual word insertion or text editing (using the included stylus).
- Auto-complete function when inserting words in the Quicktionary using the virtual keyboard.
- Easy to use buttons and straightforward menus.
- Quick and easy navigation using the included stylus.
- Supports various user-interface languages.
- Right/left handed support.
- Auto shut-off feature to preserve battery life.
- Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP/NT/Vista/Windows 7 (MAC not supported).
- USB Connection
- Quicktionary®TS Premium
- Plastic Pen case
- USB Communications cable
- 2 AAA batteries included
- Quick Start Guide
- Clip on plastic trainer
Support: Free support is available.
|Power source||2 AAA batteries|
|Audio||Built in speaker, Earphone socket|
|Compatible Systems||Windows 2000, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP|